Monday, April 30, 2007

Billings, Montana and the Impenetrable Glass Wall


I arrived tonight in Billings, Montana. I am staying here tonight and will be leaving tomorrow morning when I will travel to Devil's Tower in Wyoming as well as Mt. Rushmore in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Here is a funny statue I saw in Kellogg, Idaho while I was filling up at a gas station.

Funny story: As I walked up to the hotel door, or so I thought, I proceeded to walk directly into a glass wall. I wasn't tired or distracted; I just thought it was an open door next to the closed one. In reality there was one door and I was not going to be going through it. I hit the glass wall so hard my hat came off and I almost fell down backwards. No one saw it, but a guy came around the corner and asked if I was alright. I felt like a complete jackass. I had to feel my face to make sure I wasn't bleeding as I tried to get a hotel room. Ahh, the road.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally see it! Way to go! Need some aspirin???

sarah fecteau said...

OMG, I bet you were so embarrassed! I can just imagine this in my head...

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.