Wednesday, April 18, 2007

L. Ron Hubbard and Cocaine


Well, Vegas is in the rearview mirror and San Francisco is on the horizon, but Los Angeles has enough going on to keep me entertained for at least another night. Last night my buddy Dave and I were out in Hollywood on the Sunset Strip and Hollywood Blvd. I figured I might as well go out with a bang in LA. Anyway, walking down Hollywood Blvd. last night on the Walk of Fame, we came upon a lovely building dedicated to none other than the religion of Scientology. There was a gigantic exhibit called the "L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition". Only in LA. So we decided to head to a place called the Roosevelt Hotel. They have one of those all too familiar LA scenes where everyone is hanging out next to a pool. Anyway, we are hanging out having some drinks when the guy next to me decides to whip out some cocaine and snort a line on the table next to us. Doesn't try to hide it or anything. This is a Tuesday night mind you. Good Ole' LA.

Ironically enough, I'm playing in a poker tournament tonight with Dave for some work function he has. Only until I leave Las Vegas do I play in a poker tournament.

No comments: