Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Columbia River Gorge

I am still alive and kicking. I am in the Columbia River Gorge city of Hood River right now hanging out with my friend Emmy. I went to Multnomah Falls yesterday on my way here from Portland. I'll try to get a picture or two up. We are about 30 miles from Mt. Hood and the weather is nice, so I hope to get some nice shots of the mountain. I am going to go to Portland later today for one more night. Then Friday morning it is off to Seattle for Starbucks, Microsoft, grunge rock, Jimi Hendrix.....and Heart. Barracuda is a rockin' song, even if chicks wrote it.

I haven't reset my trip odometer, so at this point I've traveled 1800 miles since originally leaving SF the first time. 1800 miles and I haven't even left the Pacific time zone. As of today, I should be arriving in Indianapolis next Thursday. We'll see if I stick to that plan. My blog will probably be updated just about everyday as I'll be hitting up a lot of different spots each day.

The Red Wings are set to take on the hockey hotbed of San Jose against the Sharks tonight. San Jose had a nice run, but that train is about to come to a halt against Hockeytown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How typical! A giant Red Wings logo and no mention of our bet . . . Pretty soon that logo will change to the ferocious, awe inspiring, powerful SAN JOSE SHARKS logo.

Red Wings are already down 1-0 in the series, so things look good for SAN JOSE SHARKS, the team of the future.

Yes, we all know that Detroit won a gazillion Stanley Cups. All of us also know that Red Wings are a team of the past.

Prediction: SAN JOSE SHARKS will take the series in 5 games.